Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hello Utah, Goodbye Tennessee

Since we got home from Tennessee we have been moving our stuff, searching for jobs, and doing as much fun stuff as we can before the summer ends and we have to start going to school and working... so we went hiking the other day and found this spring... it is pretty neat I think...

This is a cave we found and climbed into...


A couple days ago we drove up the canyon to find this amazing dam. We had to swim across so i couldn't take my camera, but we did a little cliff diving from the rocks you see on both sides of this photo (which are a lot bigger than they look from this view... like 50 feet I swear).

The last day we were in TN was James' birthday. We had a litte party with cake and fondue and games... it was so fun. I got to make some of the greatest friends while we were in TN. I am so glad James has cool friends that chose cool wives that I can be friends with. It is great.


This is our nephew Brennan. He is so cool, and very very cute. When we first got here he was very afraid of us and would cry if we looked at him.. but it only took him about a day to get used to us. We got to babysit the otherday and we went to the park. I think he liked it.


This photo matches up with the very top one, James and I went on a hike right up the mountain behind his mom's house... this was the view...and we didn't even go the whole way because I am a weakling.

During one of the huge thunder/lightning/rain storms we decided to go play in the rain. Luckily we didn't get struck by lightning, but we did get drenched!!! (Lindsey, Abbie, ME[i look like a boy])


This is me. In the background is Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Cool!?

We got to go boating in Tennessee with Apx. It was a ton of fun, James is doing an awesome wakeboard trick here and I am riding/falling off of the water weeney with some of the girls. Unfortunately, Megan and Branae smacked heads during one of our crashes and Megan had to get stitches on her eyebrow... SAD!


6 comments:

Kerrie said...

oh to be young and in love with NO kids! You two have so much fun. JEALOUS!

Emily and David said...

way fun! those look like some great hikes (we've been kind of obsessed lately) and i would be totally down for some cliff jumping..if only we were in utah! enjoy the last few days of summer and good luck with job hunts and school! can't wait to see you guys again. reese can't wait to meet you guys :)

Danny & Branae Porter said...

hey! we sure miss you too! Sounds like you're having a great time in utah though! Hope all is well and we will have to keep in touch, all of us wives still talk about how we miss you both and how the summer just flew by! but we sure had some great times!

The Marsden 6 said...

Good update, and Happy Belated Birthday James! I actually thought of you on your day, too bad I didn't call!
Have fun in Utah, if you ever want to come up here you have a place to stay and there are TONS of fun hikes and swimming places!
Acutally how about you do that, let's play!?

Nicole Nixon said...

yeah, i'm jealous of all the fun. next time it's warm and i'm in town, you gotta take me to that lake to go cliff jumping!!! :)

The Marsden 6 said...

Hey I need your guys' address so I can send you a birth announcement. Will you email it to me? jmarsdenwife@hotmail.com