Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

It's been a long time...

Ok...First of all, I have some excuses for not posting anything lately.

1. I lost my camera battery charger and therefore could not take any new pictures.
2. Our lives have been somewhat (for lack of a better term) boring.

Second of all, I have some good news.

1. I found my camera's battery charger.
2. I GOT A JOB!

I just started at Van Gilder Insurance Corp. (vgic.com). I am currently the receptionist in their downtown Denver office, but I have been promised that within a year I should be able to move into the marcom department. (For those of you who dont know what that is it is Marketing and Communications) I have just been learning the business and figuring out who to transfer calls to and what not... and today I started branding which is just making documents that the employees use look spiffy with Van Gilder colors and formatting and stuff. Exciting huh!!! Maybe not, but I feel really lucky to have gotten a job with a really good company and room to advance! Here is a picture of my desk... I have business cards... :D

2 comments:

Emily and David said...

Thats great news Taylor! I don't think it's boring in the least -Congratulations!

Emily and David said...

P.S. I just noticed the Taylor Brinkerhoff name plate in the picture- too cute!

And- I didn't know you had another nephew on the way...how fun! Weston is a great name!