Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

The Opry Hotel

So, last Sunday James and I went to the Grand Ole Opry Hotel just to walk around and see what all the fuss is about. We definately found out why people fuss. It was so beautiful there. It was like a giant garden inside. There were rivers running through the hotel and trees and waterfalls and fountains and fish and boats and everything. There were lots of shops and restaurants and a Godiva Chocolate store! :) I just had to get some white chocolate covered orange peels.... mmmm. Anyway, it was the neatest place! If you are ever in Nashville you should definitely make a trip to "Opryland". I just learned today that it is called Opryland because there used to be a great big amusement park where the Opry Mills Mall is today. I think about 10 years they decided to tear it down and build the mall that I am working at now. Its right across the street from the Grand Olde Opry and Hotel. The hotel has celebrity suites for famous Country stars like Dolly Parton and... Oh I dont really know many country stars...Shania Twain? probably her, and probably Taylor Swift too. I also learned that Faith Hill and Tim McGraw live pretty close to us. Cool Huh! I need to get more into country music while we're here. I don't have much time left! Right now I'm really into Celine Dion's latest record "Taking Chances" Haha. Seriously though. James likes her too. He put on a Celine Dion song the other morning to wake me up and started singing it in bed. It was hilarious.





1 comment:

Nicole Nixon said...

Cool! So, James singing Celion Dion?!?!?! HAHAHA!!! I hope you record that- that's awesome!